Monday, December 13, 2010

'Tis the Season




It snows purple flowers here, from one of my favourite trees!
I honestly can’t believe it’s December and Christmas time, it doesn’t even feel like it’s possible. I have to admit I’ve never felt so disengaged with the holidays. It is such a different experience being here that the holidays seem to have crept up on me in the most discreet manner that I still have yet to acknowledge they are here. There was a time that I had good intentions of sending presents back home or ordering presents online but those intentions have come and gone without me doing a single thing so I apologize to those who were on my list. I have officially accepted the fact this is a ‘presentless’ Christmas and I have to admit it kind of feels good to just let it all pass in front of me while I sit idle. I am thinking this is a rare feeling to have and I should enjoy it while it lasts. On that note, I should say it doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about everyone back home enjoying the flurry of snowflakes, Christmas lights, mountain adventures, hot chocolate with baileys, skating, bundling up inordinate amounts, baking up a storm and eating the most delicious Christmas baking. I really do hope everyone is savouring these big and small pleasures that come with the holidays. I am certainly thinking of everyone and hope you’re all doing fun and festive things. I am now realizing it is only 12 days till Christmas (wow!) so I will begin trying to get into the spirit in this last leg.  I will also try to increase my communication skills these next couple of weeks as I realize I have not been the best with keeping in touch and apologize.  Although I don’t write often my thoughts are with you all and just like my intentions of sending presents home, I always plan to write emails but…it just doesn't happen. Anyways, maybe I will write some emails and all of you in the winter wonderland  should go out and enjoy it and eat a  sugar cookie with extra icing for me.

All the yummy toppings for our sunday brunch Crepes! Maybe even better than sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment