Thursday, September 16, 2010

For Starters

I figured before I start doing official posts it might be worth explaining just what this blog is all about and why you may be interested in reading it. Tomorrow is my last full day at home before I embark on what some may call an adventure, others may call work, and what I just call a journey. I leave on Saturday night for Newfoundland, where I will spend the next 5 days training in preparation for an internship for community development work in South Africa and I will also become acquainted with other fellow interns who will also be going overseas for the next 6 months. My internship happens to be in Grahamstown, South Africa, other positions are in all different places around the globe, however, there are 3 other fellow Canadians who will be joining me in South Africa. In a nutshell, we will be working with a university on sustainability projects pertaining to oceanic climate change and subsistence farming.  Would love to divulge more details but I don't know much more at this point, will certainly share details as they come. So, I guess before I say anymore I should introduce myself as Julie, a gal figuring out how life cannot be planned and just when you think it can, a curve ball will be tossed your way. I hope you enjoy reading about my unexpected journey over the next 6 months.

Quotable quote "Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today."  ~James Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment